Joe Driscoll - Origin Myth



Joe Driscoll  Origin Myth Lyrics

My first memory
Is of me two or three
Sitting in a corner all alone
My eyes are closed now
My mom cleans the house
My head smaller than my massive headphones
Dancing on my own

Vinyls been vital, the whole of my life
Back in the day, my favorite album was white
We'd be play wrestling til it became a real fight
And everybody sent to their room for the night
Funny by me, I went to study emcees
Dancin' in my room, learning how to be free
This is the origin myth of the kid
It was me john (and the butler twins)
I got three feet high- daily, twice
Learned every dance step from vanilla ice
Right when he broke, before he was a joke
Before I had a toke or got my heart broke
It was all soon to come, to the sound of the drum
All the peeps come and gone, and all I keep is the song
And then I push it along, somewhere I learned how to push it along

Just dancing in my room, dancing in my room, dancing in my room
all alone

Catholic school white boy, tight black polyesther pants
Acting a fool, with a melancholy glance
Morning rush, yellow school bus, a couple of us
Driver yellin at us, floor covered in mud
The floor was wet, I saw a cassette,
It slid to the back, threw it in the pack
Side b said rastaman vibration
I got a better education from that little tape than
All i would recieve from my subsequent education
A ten year old white boy, thinking he's jamaican
Singing ‘chase those crazy baldheads out of town'
I didn't even know what those words meant back then,
But they stuck with me as I grew to be the man
That I have now become, to the sound of a drum

Keep dancing in your room, keep dancing in your room, dancing in your room
all alone

My hands would shake, the walls started to vibrate
A young boy, so incoherent
Put him in isolation, four vacant walls staring
Turretts, epilepsy, a.d.d.
Whatever you say by me,
It's just a young soul finding a way to be free
Keep your prozac, no dream, get it out my bloodstream
I’m waking up to the vision of one dream
And I don't really know how my story's gonna end
But all along the way, yellow red brown black or white,
Let's all be friends……

Just keep dancing in your room
Dancing in your room
Dancing in your room
all alone.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...