Joe Driscoll - Chicken Little



Joe Driscoll Chicken Little Lyrics


I got hit yesterday by a piece of falling sky
Turned my face blue, and clouded both my eyes
I called up chicken little, he said “you’re gonna die”,
There’s nothing you can do about it’ I said ‘I wanna try,
You know I love my peoples, i’ll do something about it’
So I grabbed a mic and ran up to a mountaintop to shout it
A voice from the valley said ‘shut that kid up,
Cut out your shouting, you might wake someone up’…
oh no no

When everbody’s either bitching bout their anger and their fear
Me and chicken little kicking back a couple beers,
He says ‘life aint easy for a chicken like me,
We never seen the sky, we never run free
My mama’s in a cage gettin raped for egg
Dad decapitated and you ate his arms and legs’
I said ‘its rough bein a chicken’, he said ‘you aint kiddin,
Whats it like to be a human, is your life any different?

oh no no, oh no no

oh me oh my,
I can’t tell the ground from the sky
oh me oh my,
I think deception is at an all time high

Now chicken little said ‘I wanna see what you been seein,
Tell me what its like to be a tall human being’
I said ‘ you know, socrates had a pretty good suggestion
He said life aint answers its more about questions’
Chicken little said ‘yeah thats true
I wanna know about the humans, so i’ll ask em all of you:
Are there overseers, do you have slaves?
do you ever see the sunlight, do you live inside a cage?
Do you care if you’re here or six foot in a grave?
Does anybody ever care what chicken little says?

oh no no, oh no

oh me oh my
I can’t tell the ground from the sky
oh me oh my
I think deception is at an all time high

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...